The kids are finally out of school for the holidays, so we decided to get a littleBit Christmassy with our two littleBits kits at home (Premium & Space Kit). We had a Christmas colouring magazine called Colour-In with papercrafts, so we decided to combined it with the littleBits to bring them to life.
After lots of trial and error and some innovative making we made a Christmas scene with lights, movement and even a song.
- littleBits Gizmos & Gadgets Kit review
- littleBits Space Kit
- littleBits Review
- littleBits Minecraft sword with a lightwire
littleBits is a range of modular electronics components that can be used to make cool stuff. (Compare with other robotic kits)
Project Bits & PiecesHere's what we used to make the littleBits Christmas scene:
- Colour-in craft sheets, colouring pens and pencils and many hours of colouring together
- Foil & plastic container (for the sign), lollisticks and a cork (for Santa) and lots of sticky tape
And these are the littleBits we used in our scene:
- Bits from the Space Kit - 2 x power packs, microphone and speaker, extension wires, DC motor, LED
- Bits from the Premium Kit - 1 x power pack, sound trigger, extension wire, servo, LED wire, pressure sensor
We made the scene in three parts using 3 different power sources.
|LED light up sign, LED inside house, servo on Santa's head all connected to one power source|
|Sound triggered DC motor makes the angel spin around|
|Microphone and speaker provided hours of singing fun|
After we made the individual parts of our Christmas scene, we put it together and made a video to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.